Tuesday 25 August 2015

Virgin to Las Vegas

Virgin to Las Vegas, Monday, 24th August

Last night the campground was great but I was checking with friends by email after the Shoreham Air Show disaster which I would normally visit with friends to watch the planes fly past. No one I knew personally was directly affected but it is still a shock to see a disaster first hand but my sympathy still goes out to all however affected.

Last night was also my cook groups turn to cook so Tracey, Becky and I cooked pasta carbonara which turned out well and was gratefully received even if Tracey doesn't eat pasta. There was a theme going here as we cooked pancakes in the morning and I don't eat pancakes and Becky doesn't do breakfast. I did toss a few pancakes successfully and despite attempts at getting it recorded there are plenty of photos of before and after but none with a pancake in mid air.



We left Virgin early and arrived in Las Vegas before lunch before signing in at the MGM Grand but not before a trip up and down the strip as it was too hot to walk with the weather forecast suggesting a high of 39C.
















It might look quiet by the sign but I promise that there was a huge queue behind me queueing to get their photos taken under the sign and I might still be there now if I had wanted that particular shot with me in it.
 Betsy outside the MGM Grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment