Wednesday 6 October 2021

El Camino Finisterre to Muxia Negreira to Mazaricos

El Camino Finisterre to Muxia 

Negreira to Mazaricos 

It was going to be a long day as it was 32 kilometres along El Camino and then a three kilometres walk away from the trail to reach my accommodation.

I left at 7.15am, an hour before dawn.

I knew the route out of town and remembered that a section had street lights but they ended as the path entered the forest. But I was ready with my torch to show the way.

I came to a farmyard with two possibilities and didn't see any arrows, only a scallop shell so I went that way. I didn't see another arrow so I was about to return to check the other exit who another pilgrim came along and said that he had seen a marker so we headed down the track. At the next junction, there was no marker of arrow and he got out his phone. We had taken a wrong turn and it had added more than a kilometre to the days already long route.

After sunrise I could see wind farms all around me.
More turbines on a ridge.
The horreos also had a different design in this area. The walls were solidly built of granite slabs with no formal slots, just the natural gaps between the dry stone built walls of slabs.
The trail goes through some beautiful tranquil rural landscapes.
And of course through forests with more mushrooms.
Including these which looked more like flowers than mushrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment