Thursday 29 September 2016

S'Illot, Mallorca 29th September 2016

S'Illot is a small town on the east side of the larger of the Balearic Islands. Firstly a couple of sun rise and sun set photos.


In no time at all I had found a vocho to add to my collection of vocho photos that I had started in Mexico where the original vocho or beetle was last produced and in such numbers that it is a common sight. (Complete album of vocho photos and a few other forms of transport from Mexico and Central America originally posted in November 2015).


I found a castle on a peninsular but it was a modest affair and although recently renovated it was no more than a five minute visit.  It had a small moat but was no more than a lookout tower and could not hold more than ten soldiers.






The moat was shallow and must have always been dry and only for show and would not have held back a determined attack.
I just had to have a selfie of me and a vocho although I must admit I had lost the thought of smiling as I have also lost the art of the selfie and it took me over thirty photos before I gave up...and this was the least worst. 


My hotel, not much to shout about.


And another vocho.




No comments:

Post a Comment