Friday 9 September 2016

Marmaris Friday 9th September

Another posting with a few more pictures just for fun. All the taxis are yellow whatever the make so that they are distinctive but yellow is not a popular colour for private cars and I didn't see a single yellow private car despite looking out for one. 
 The local taxi rank on a corner of the park.
 But Landrovers are popular for safaris, mountain trips, trips out of town and are a regular sight around the town. If only I had started taking photos of them at the start of the fortnight I would have a vast collection of different colours. Here's a collection that I took on just one day.





Other colours and other makes are available but are rare but I did see a Jeep but the colour wasn't to my taste.
 Wherever I went I was never lost as just behind my hotel was a distinctive conical hill with a large Turkish flag on top. So wherever I was and wanted to go home, I just needed to look up and head towards the flag.

I took a long walk into the hills behind the town and in between the trees there was still my landmark hill and flag. Honest, the flag is there if you look closely!
Whilst I was walking around the town I came across this which I hadn't seen since Caye Caulker in Belize. It is a seeping policeman or traffic calming hump made out of a rope nailed into the tarmac.
 No posting is complete without a selfie so here are two, one of me in front of the Viking ship down near the harbour.
 And one of me outside my local 2M Micros. The yellow car is a taxi just in case you ask.



No comments:

Post a Comment