Monday 14 October 2019

Slavyansk na Kubani

Slavyansk na Kubani

so called to distinguish it from another Slavyansk so you need to be sure to get the right one otherwise you might be hundreds of kilometre off course!

My hotel in Slavyansk na Kubani and it I were to rate it on TripAdvisor, I would give it the lowest score I could. I was the only guest for the three days the I was there. I had to let the water run for ten minutes before it became warm. No internet in the rooms, only in the cafe which was part of the hotel but only accessed by venturing outside into the rain and cold and only opened at lunchtime. And only Russian language TV channels so the internet would have been a lifeline.

Front of house staff when I arrived only spoke Russian and Polish so although I signed in alright in Russian, my knowledge wasn't good enough for some of the other difficulties so they found a kitchen porter who spoke enough English to assist.

It was built next to the river but sideways on so none of the rooms had a view across the river. And the local teenagers gathered in the car park behind the hotel with their car radio ghetto blasters turned up to max volume as background music as they demonstrated doughnuts to their screeching giggling girlfriends for what seemed like most of the night. And expensive but no complimentary coffee in the rooms. Oops, also no bed side light and no light switches next to the bed so I had to feel my way around the room in the dark, banging my shins.

 A monument to the Taman Red Army, oddly fenced off.
 Even this small market town in the middle of nowhere had an eternal flame.
 A piano and a cello street furniture which were lit up at night.
 And a ship o the lake in the park in the centre of the town which was also lit up at night.
 I thought that the country was safe but sometimes you still find a surprise.
 A view across the lake.
 And another piece of street furniture, a representation of a gift wrapped parcel which was also lit up at night.
There might not be a kremlin but the town does have an interesting church, the Formation Cathedral.
 And how about this for a large four door family saloon? Personally I wouldn't have one, the colour is alright but it's too large to park it on the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment