Monday 21 May 2018

Victoria Falls to Bulawayo by rail. 

I took the overnight train from Victoria Falls to Bulawayo. It was a mixed freight and passenger train pulled by three locomotives.
One of the locomotives that was going to pull the train standing in the station.
The carriages were built in Birmingham in 1956 and had the Rhodesian Railway loco on the windows.
A view out of the carriage along the train.
We were travelling on an ordinary train but we passed a luxurious tourist train going in the opposite direction. I liked their luxury, wood panelling, air conditioning, armchairs in the bar and waitress silver service. But I preferred my ticket price which was a hundredth of their ticket price.
Some wagons waiting in a siding.
An old carriage standing outside Bulawayo station.
Another locomotive.
Bulawayo station.
The locomotive decoupling in Bulawayo station.
My carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment