Thursday 26 October 2017

Milton Keynes, famous for roundabouts and concrete cows

I was travelling through some English countryside to see family and friends and rather than return home after every visit, I had a few nights away from home. My Premier Inn overlooking a lake at Caldecot.
 The dam that creates the lake over which the hotel looks.
 A long distance view of the hotel across the lake.
 Geese eating grass on one of the grass expanses.
 A cygnet
 The two parents of the young swans.
 Some of the lovely red autumn colours.
I didn't take any photos of roundabouts as they are not particularly interesting objects. I drove around the roundabouts in search of the concrete cows which are iconic for the city but I couldn't see them. I was sure I was in the right place but with the heavy traffic that needed more of my attention than looking out of the window for concrete cows, I didn't see any and there was no where to pull off the road to take a walk to explore the area, I never did get to see the concrete cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment