Wednesday 9 November 2016

 Land Rovers in Port Stanley, The Falklands

Outside Stanley except for a few sections of the road to the airport, there are no tarmac roads, just gravel or dirt tracks. Therefore robust vehicles are essential and the majority of vehicles are either Japanese 4x4s or Land Rovers.

I have never seen so many different types of Land Rover, long wheel base or short wheel base, some with racks, some without, open backs, glass backs for passengers or solid backs, with spare tyres, without spare tyres or with the facility to carry a spare but it had already been used, old or new, windows in the roof, wider tyres and all sorts of combinations.

I felt that I just had to take some photos of all the different types that I could find. Unfortunately I only started in Stanley so I must have missed out a few on the other islands. And I know I missed some as they disappeared around corners before I could get my camera out. There's always a reason to go back!







It might not have an engine, long since used for spares but it still counts.











































I could have gone to the local dealership for a few more but that would be cheating!

No comments:

Post a Comment