Tuesday 9 June 2015

Karakoram

Karakoram

Ever since I went to northern Pakistan, I have been invited to join the KJTI exhibition stand at the Adventure Travel Show and the Destinations Show by the Karakoram Jeep Trek International management who organised my original trip. Both shows occur in January in London at a time when it s cold and wet and people are traditionally looking forward to some kind of summer holiday.

They like to have former travellers on the stand to talk to prospective travellers to speak from a personal view point. Having experienced all of the options on offer I can talk through each of the options available with personal experience.

I find it a very rewarding few days partly to relive my trips and to interact with travellers and to hear about their own adventures. It is also a great place to meet other exhibitors and to see what else is on offer. Unfortunately there are a great many options available and it does tend to add to your bucket list so you have been warned!

Below are a few photos, the first one is of me at the show this year with Kwame who went to northern Pakistan the year before me. The other two in the picture are me in my shalwaar chemise or the traditional local dress and Fran who I met during my journeys through Baltistan and together we went on a long trek to K2 base camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment