Monday 23 September 2024

Food Museum

 Food Museum   

                                                 

My next career with a shoulder pole as a street food vendor.

There were more interesting buildings and at last I saw a traditional pedal powered rickshaw as I made my way to the Food Museum.
Not a light house but a minaret. 
Another of the famous murals in the city centre...
...and another mural.
The Food Museum...

...and a close up of the giant soup bowl at the entrance.

Pouring coffee.
Examples of all the street food available.
A banquet.
Food served on banana leaves, filling, and an art form. 
Another meal.

Sitting down to meal...

...oops, I'm falling off my chair!

This food is a bit dull...
Look at the size of food on this plate!
The cucumber slices are big around here...
... as were the noodles...

...and the prawns.

Helping yourself to curry on a naan.
The durian fruits grow big here.


The most expensive foods.

I should have been more careful where I was going.

A take on a famous painting.
And after all the fun, one of the last exhibits was moving to remind visitors that we should treasure food and not waste it. 
And then it was a new route back to the hotel via Little India. The arch into the area...
...where the streets were lined with shops selling flowers...
...jewellery...
...saris...
...food...

...and the locals know which are the best places to eat...
...sweets...
...and silk clothing.
The most famous restaurant in the city.





No comments:

Post a Comment